Satellogic is the first vertically integrated geospatial analytics company, driving real outcomes for its customers with planetary-scale insights they can trust. Our low-Earth-orbit satellite constellation, platform, and data science teams work together to deliver end-to-end solutions at the right cost. We make sense of the data so customers can focus on the big decisions at hand. Satellogic’s satellite engineers, AI experts, and solution specialists are on a mission to deliver a fundamentally better picture of our planet and the many forces that reshape it every day. We bring space down to earth for large enterprises and governments of all sizes who need to see for themselves how our world is changing.
Today, we are a global company with offices in 6 countries (US, Spain, Argentina, Uruguay, Israel and China) with a distributed team of over 200 employees in 15+ locations, and we are at an inflection point in terms of growth and scale. We value team members with a sense of purpose who push the limits, get things done, and never stop learning - all while being humble, honest, and empathetic.
About the team
The Software team in our Satellite Engineering group is in charge of design, development, implementation and maintenance of the software that runs on the satellites in space, and some ground applications closely related to the satellite (communication software stack, security, etc.).
Its mission is to provide high quality software, a common software architecture, and enforce good practices among the projects that compose the satellite software ecosystem.
The team is always learning and trying to push the limits, relying in part on the large diversity of people’s profiles and backgrounds.
About the job
As a member of the Satellite Engineering Software team you will:
• Develop and maintain new features for different projects such as satellite attitude control, camera control, satellite operation tools.
• Collaborate in the definition and improvements of the satellite software architecture.
• Develop and maintain applications running on satellites and ground segment counterparts: cameras control software, data transfer systems, communication stack.
• Participate in project plannings and definitions.
• Participate in architecture definitions.
• Lead project oriented teams.
• Degree in Computer Science or similar field or equivalent work experience.
• 5+ years of experience developing software on Python (specially in backend systems or processes)
• Hands-on experience in background systems/processes.
• Experienced Linux user, bash scripting, packaging.
• Worked with customers defining requirements, products.
• Familiarity with Docker or containers technology.
• Fluent in git (Gitlab is a plus)
• Familiarity with agile methodologies (scrum, peer review).
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to adapt quickly to changes.
• Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
• Capacity to learn continuously and passion for pushing the limits.
• Advanced English.
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work. In order to apply, send us your updated CV and cover letter explaining your level of familiarity with the position described in this Job Description.
To apply please visit https://satellogic.bamboohr.com/jobs
zobjobs for Work from home Jobs
If this job has expired, is not a working from home job or there is another problem please click on the icon to report it to our team.