This is a telecommuting position. Occasional meetings or events may require you to report to the office on an as needed basis.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
• Supporting operations by participating in software requirement development, architecture design, code reviews and testing
• Developing and maintain continuous integration and deployment processes and best practices
• Participating in collaborative software requirements, design, test, and planning reviewed
• Demonstrable experience balancing the need to work collaboratively and independently in an Agile-based development process.
• At least 1 year experience with git repository management
• Experience developing and executing continuous integration tests (e.g. Bamboo, Travis, GitHub Actions)
• Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems
• Proficiency with Node.js
• Good written and communication skills
• U.S. Citizenship required
• Ability to obtain required National Agency Check (NAC) clearance
• Interest in NASA Earth Science Projects and Missions
• Experience developing and integrating open-source software in a collaborative environment
• Familiarity with mapping libraries such as OpenLayers, Leaflet, Google Maps, etc
• Experience with continuous deployment practices (e.g. Docker Containers, CloudFormation)
• Experience designing, developing, and maintaining software that leverages AWS core services.(e.g. compute, storage, database, management, etc.)
• Knowledge of networking and security as it relates to web development / an AWS infrastructure
• Familiarity with GDAL/OGR
• Familiarity with web mapping services(WMS, WMTS, Mapbox Vector Tiles)
• Familiarity with NASA Earth Observing System (EOS) data products
SSAI is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
EEO/AA-Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities