We are a full-service agency with 25 years of history supporting pharmaceutical and life science clients in optimizing patient outcomes through behavioral science. At MicroMass, we see behavior broadly— including what patients or providers think, feel, and do. We apply a unique combination of behavior-change strategies, compelling creative, and digital innovation to marketing to address the behavioral barriers that often get in the way of an optimal experience.
Who we are:
Our people and our culture are fundamental to our specialized approach. We not only understand behavior but are passionate about changing it. Together, we take a multidisciplinary approach to applying behavioral science. This helps us to create innovative solutions that get people to do more than buy a product—we get people to buy into a new way of thinking. We inspire and facilitate lasting behavior change. And that changes everything.
About the role:
We are seeking a Senior Motion Graphics Designer to join our dynamic agency. The Senior Motion Graphics Designer will create graphics and animations for a diverse array of media, including internet, social media, email, TV, and print. Other projects may include editing video, audio, and related post-production work, as well as digital artwork for use in a variety of channels. This role requires translating storyboards to post-production editing and collaborating with multiple departments to ensure we bring our storytelling to life. Candidates should be prepared to present a portfolio/demo reel that demonstrates proven experience. Our goal is to find a team player who can create professional artwork and take pieces of static content or storyboards and bring them to life with motion.
You will play a major role in helping us reach our goals by:
• Creating and delivering motion graphics and videos in various media, including web, mobile, presentations, etc
• Creating animated visuals that help embellish interactive experiences or presentations
• Translating storyboards and creating animatics to aid in the pre-visualization process
• Leveraging working knowledge of 2D and/or 3D animation tools
• Researching and analyzing the best design techniques and solutions to create motion graphics
• Editing raw video footage
• Assisting in all aspects of audio recording, mixing, and editing
• Working with creative teams to understand project scope and objectives and following project specifications to fulfill client requests efficiently
• Collaborating with various departments, including creative, project management, and account services teams to resolve technical or design issues
• Ensuring compliance with company guidelines, deadlines, and design standards
• Demonstrating time management in workflow and video development pipeline to efficiently handle rendering times
• Maintaining and following best practices for version control, naming conventions, and organization of graphic files
• Maintaining up-to-date knowledge about latest graphic design techniques and pipeline efficiencies
Our future Senior Motion Graphics Designer will have:
• A minimum of 5 years of related motion graphics/interactive design experience in an agency or studio environment
• Advanced level proficiency in Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Audition, and Adobe Animate
• 3D Studio Max or equivalent 3D package skills, including character rigging, modelling, texturing, and animation
• Intermediate level proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, XD, and Acrobat
• Intermediate level proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
• Knowledge of codecs, compression, and video standards
• Familiarity with a variety of 3rd-party motion graphic plugins and interactive video platforms
• Understanding of how to use video and photography equipment to capture images and/or audio for multimedia projects
• An artistic background with an extensive portfolio
• Incredible organization and excellent communication skills
• Creative thinking, dynamic problem-solving, and superior storytelling abilities to ensure careful attention is given to timing, continuity, and artistic vision
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and to move quickly to meet tight deadlines
• A committed and determined attitude
• The ability to stay calm and collected (and ideally laugh a little) in stressful situations
• A respectful attitude and be a team player who can thrive in an open studio space, working closely with others as well as independently
• An appetite for learning and growing
As a fast-growing agency in a highly competitive market, hiring the right talent makes all the difference. At MicroMass we understand that changing lives takes time, commitment, and talent. We value collaboration and diversity of thought, and we rely on the power of behavioral science fueled by our imaginations. At our core, we believe that changing lives for our clients and in our community is possible.
Our Core Values:
No one is here by mistake.
Curiosity is the cure for stagnation.
Good ideas can be great when we challenge each other to go further.
You can be bold because behavioral science has your back.
Patients are waiting—we can’t.
Smart people, strong family, shared purpose