Amazon is seeking a Senior Reliability Engineer for Amazon Logistics (AMZL). Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers
The Reliability and Maintenance Engineering (RME) team plays a vital role in our operational success in the distribution aspect of the business. Being able to identify risk of equipment failure and eliminate the presence of that risk is what our organization strives for. Root Cause Analysis (RCA) is key to reaching that goal. The Reliability Engineer will work with the AMZL Network to capture and analyze equipment failures and RCA data/ practices streamlining network permanent corrective actions that maximize life, reliability and operational performance of equipment in such a way that will render the best return on our investment within North America AIR.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Identify opportunities for RCA and develops processes to address
• Facilitate high impact RCAs and drive network rollout of solutions
• Assist in developing and managing adherence to Reliability Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
• Participate quarterly Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) events of Critical 1 equipment and drive completion of follow-up actions
• Perform regular deep dives/data analysis to understand key focus areas for improvement across the network
• Identify opportunities to increase equipment and uptime, reduce costs and associated work.
• Lead continuous improvement events and generate cost savings that exceed performance goals
• Provide engineering guidance to RCA program initiatives
• Develop and/or utilize condition-based and predictive maintenance tools and programs to both avoid unplanned repair work and reduce RME technicians Preventative Maintenance labor hours
• Project manage Network equipment rollouts and retrofits.
• Manage vendors and suppliers to deliver goods and services against contracts and expectations
• Work closely with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to drive equipment reliability
• Regular meetings with stakeholders to seek feedback and provide updates to RME Leadership
• Participate in conference calls and coordinate with other RME central teams and local sites to enable a closed loop feedback system that streamlines the creation of maintenance plans and strategies.
• Travel up to 25% domestically
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
• 2+ years of experience using Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) and reporting
• 5+ years of experience in an engineering role
• Master’s degree in Engineering
• Six Sigma certification
• Root Cause Analysis formal training and facilitation experience
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
• Understanding of Lean Manufacturing tools such as: 5S, 5Y, FMEA, PDCA, Value Stream Mapping, DMAIC, Run Charts, Pareto Analysis
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
P ursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For employees based in South Carolina, this position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $107,100-$160,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazons internal or external careers site.
Company - Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1782143