Senior Security Systems Engineer
Remote - Colombia or Bogota, Colombia
• ONLY CVs SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH WILL BE CONSIDERED*
We’re looking for a Senior Security Systems Engineer to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion, and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the worlds leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
As Senior Security Systems Engineer, you will be a detail-oriented engineering professional with a desire to improve enterprise security through hands-on system engineering for corporate technology and internally developed cloud-based platforms. You will report to the Senior Director of Information Technology Security Engineering.
Specific Responsibilities Will Include
• Engineeringthe design, deployment, operation, and improvement of corporate security systems
• Advancingenterprise security through customization of systems, automation of processes, and collaboration with product teams
• Developingthe secure configuration of Blackboard’s Office 365 environment for protected access to corporate services
• Managingthe architecture, design, and operation of Blackboard’s security systems including vulnerability management, endpoint protection, and centralized logging
• Providingresearch, evaluation, and expert judgement for product security planning
• Implementingsecurity infrastructure for endpoint security, perimeter access control, and threat detection
• Experience researching, deploying, and supporting information security systems
• Experience consulting with internal teams on the technical implementation and support of information security controls
• Experience engineering cloud-based information security systems
• Experience with Incident Response and Forensics
• Advanced scripting and automation skills
• Fluency in written and spoken English at CEF B2 level or above
• Knowledge of secure development methodologies, tools, and practices
• Linux, Windows, and MacOS expertise
• Vulnerability management, Tenable.sc, and Tenable.io expertise
• Endpoint protection, Check Point Sandblast Agent expertise
• Centralized logging, Microsoft Sentinel expertise
• Microsoft M365, Office 365 security expertise
The Company And Organization
At Blackboard, we believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices, but who we are as a company.
For more information about Blackboard and our career opportunities, please visitwww.blackboard.com.
The Blackboard Information Technology Security Programleads the engineering and operation of technology to monitor and enhance the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all corporate information systems and products. We are a core part of an educational software product company, providing us substantial opportunities to influence the overall corporate mission.
We are building a team focused on high impact collaboration with our partners across the corporation leveraging transparency, trust, and innovation to elevate Blackboard security through partnership and teamwork. We are seeking to hire the best talent, leveraging their skills to augment the team,and providesupport and training to foster well-rounded individuals positioned for ongoing career success.
Blackboard has an office located in Bogota, Colombia as a hub for the LAC market.
• Located in Capital Towers center in the financial district
• Excellent and secure area to eat lunch, have a walk, or dine after office hours
• Benefits in prepaid medicine, dental plan, and wellness allowance
• Easy access to public transportation close to two important avenues, Carrera 7 and Calle 100
• Free parking for employees and paid parking for visitors
• Multiple private spaces for virtual and face-to-face meetings
• Regular events like bring your dog to work day and ping-pong, foosball, and Mario Kart tournaments
• Sodexo card provided for employees
• Daily budget to spend on beverage vending machines
• Learn more about the Bogota office culture by checking out our Facebook page
• Option for remote work during the COVID-19 pandemic
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
Req ID: BB-3412