Snagajob is looking for a passionate Staff Software Engineer to help grow our product portfolio by crafting the technology that powers the largest marketplace for hourly workers in the country. You will be working closely with Product and Design teams building products that help people find work and allow businesses to quickly and efficiently fill their hiring needs. As a member of the Snagajob Engineering team, youll be working in a collaborative development environment with a team that prides itself on innovation, is focused on product development, and doesn’t shy away from solving difficult business problems.
We’re looking for someone who is energetic, self-motivated, team-oriented and enjoys being a key contributor in an entrepreneurial environment. You’ll work alongside – not for – UX designers, product managers, and other engineering team members. This isn’t a task-receiving role; we want your hands, brains, and heart making solutions and shaping the platform’s future.
Our tech stack is modern and always evolving. Currently, we utilize Angular, TypeScript, .Net Core (C#), Kafka, RabbitMQ, MongoDB, NGINX, CircleCI, and leverage AWS. Snagajob’s architecture is event-driven and based on streaming data. Microservices and CICD pipelines provide for discrete and frequent deployments. Engineers are responsible for their work from inception to production.
What We Believe:
• The art and science of software development is the key to unlocking business growth. We don’t shy away from new technologies and practices, but rather look for opportunities to incorporate emerging concepts into our core practices. Monthly hack-days have led to multiple innovations that have transformed our business. Weekly tech talks allow for the sharing of ideas and advancement of our platforms
• Working in flexible, empowered teams leads to innovative solutions. Teams have ownership of their products and are accountable for their results
• All members contribute to the success of the team - collaboration, accountability and passion are the cornerstones. We thrive on camaraderie with a fun atmosphere
What Youll Bring:
We recognize everyone has unique strengths and look to match an individual’s skills with projects that provide the most value and opportunity for growth. You might not have experience in every area but if you have the drive to learn and grow, we encourage you to apply.
• A drive to never stop learning, a deep passion for technology, and a collaborative mindset to work with others to ensure end-to-end design and delivery
• A strong work ethic, exceptional problem-solving skills, and an interest in tackling diverse technical challenges. Design and develop quality code that follows best practices and adheres to standards
• Openness to collaboration through formal and informal code and PR review processes
• Background in developing multi-tiered web applications using HTTP, JSON, and REST APIs
• Proficiency in C# and a good knowledge of the .NET ecosystem
• Database development experience using NoSQL environments such as MongoDB as well as relational environments such as Snowflake, PostgreSQL, or SQL Server
• Knowledge of microservice architectures. Cloud-based hosting (AWS) is desired
• Kafka and experience with data streaming technologies would be ideal
• Experience with 3rd-party vendor integrations
• Experience working in an Agile environment following Scrum or Kanban methodologies
• Ecommerce or experience with financial and billing systems is highly desirable
What You Get to Do:
• Participate in product discovery, architectural design, and rapid iteration of features
• Own activities that raise test coverage, code quality, and address security vulnerabilities
• Actively participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback
• Work closely with Product to validate solutions feasibility
• Craft solutions that satisfy the near term objectives while enabling future growth and scalability
• Mentor other junior engineers
• We’re passionate about what we do so you will never be bored.
• We work with modern technologies and aren’t afraid to be on the cutting edge, so if you have an idea that makes us better or more efficient we want to try it.
• Every day you will be working to help millions of people find and fill jobs across the country. It really doesn’t get better than that.
At Snagajob, we celebrate our differences in an inclusive workplace designed to support the things that make us individuals. Snagajob is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage candidates from all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Each new hire gives us the opportunity to bring in a fresh new perspective to further diversify our company for the benefit of our employees, products, and our community.
Snagajob offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, a 401k plan, health and fitness incentives, unlimited PTO, paid community service time, and a casual fun work environment with an award-winning culture. What Snaggers love most is our commitment to work-life blend and the amazing leaders who are dedicated to helping their teams grow personally and professionally. Snagajob promotes a culture of community and support, so once a Snagger, always a Snagger. We pride ourselves on keeping it real and not being afraid to challenge the status quo. At Snagajob, we don’t just accept differences - we support and celebrate them for the benefit of our team, our products, and our community. Snagajob is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
• Snagajob, the country’s largest and fastest-growing platform for hourly work, connects more than 47 million active job seekers with employment opportunities at 450,000 employer locations in the US and Canada. Snagajob’s mission is to put people in the right-fit positions so they can maximize their potential and live more fulfilling lives. Through Snagajob, workers gain the flexibility of working when and where they choose while employers are assured every shift stays filled. For more information, visit www.snagajob.com or connect with us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter