SEO Specialist (Remote)
Bill.com , together with its wholly owned subsidiaries Divvy and Invoice2go, is focused on being the one stop shop that simplifies, digitizes, and automates complex financial operations for small and midsize businesses. Customers use the platform to manage end-to-end financial workflows and to process payments. The AI-enabled, financial software platform creates connections between businesses and their suppliers and clients. It helps manage cash inflows and outflow. The company partners with several of the largest U.S. financial institutions, the majority of the top 100 U.S. accounting firms, and popular accounting software providers. Bill.com has its headquarters in San Jose, California with offices in Houston, Texas, Draper, Utah, and Sydney, Australia.
Bill.com is looking for an SEO Specialist to join the Growth Marketing team. This role will have a significant impact on Bill.com’s presence, traffic, and conversions through the organic search channel. Collaborating with the SEO Team as well as the broader Marketing team, the SEO Specialist will be responsible for developing SEO-focused content as well as managing Bill.com’s backlink profile. You will also develop and implement link building initiatives to improve the website’s equity and visibility in the organic search space.
Bill.com is at a pivotal time of growth and we are looking for individuals eager to make an impact and help us grow. Are you ready?
Location: Our new headquarters are based in San Jose. Open to Remote – preferably based in the Bay Area or ability to work west coast hours.
Professional Experience/Background To Be Successful In This Role
• 3+ years of experience in the SEO space - experience with content development and linkbuilding a plus
• 2+ years Agency experience preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to write and edit high quality web copy
• Keen understanding of backlink analysis and white hat link building best practices
• Strong knowledge of key Google algorithm updates and their impact on SEO
• Experience working with SEO tools such as Ahrefs, SEMRush, and Moz
• Strong command of Google Search Console and Google Analytics
• General knowledge of Google Webmaster Guidelines
Competencies (Attributes Needed To Be Successful In This Role)
• Exceptional critical and strategic thinking skills
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Meticulous record keeping and documentation of process, progress, and results
Expected Outcomes in 12 months:
Reviewed current link strategies + link health, establish roadmap and KPIs
Have developed several pieces of content and relationships with teams internally
Have built a process / machine for producing SEO-related content and sourcing quality links to said content.
Hitting agreed-upon KPIs related to link quality/quantity as well as broader SEO traffic goals
Bill.com is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
• Humble – No ego
• Fun – Celebrate the moments
• Authentic – We are who we are
• Passionate – Love what you do
• Dedicated – To each other and the customer
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how Bill.com treats the personal information it receives from applicants