Sightline Payments LLC (www.SightlinePayments.com) is a leading gaming industry provider of innovative payment technology solutions. Sightline is led by a management team with the decades experience and proven track record of delivering successful payment solutions for millions of patrons and billions of dollars in completed transactions.
The Senior Software Developer will be responsible for the design, building, testing and maintenance of internal software applications. Software development will include requirements gathering, application design, writing code, testing, and assisting with promotion of new code into production environments. Software development will leverage current Microsoft best practice.
Must be familiar with all aspects of SDLC, and comfortable working in an Agile/Scrum environment. The Senior Developer will work with product owners inside and outside of the business to assist in requirements gathering, development of functional specs, and to be a technical resource. The Senior Developer will be expected to become familiar with the operations and process of internal business groups and become familiar with the technical challenges that come with boarding and certifying new customers. Will also be expected to work directly with API customers to assist in isolating existing technical issues, as well as identifying potential technical issues. The Senior Developer will also be the primary Business Data Analyst for product owners if data is not readily accessible to them.
Sightline Payments’ culture values respect, teamwork, and collaboration in achieving leading edge functionality balanced with high usability.
Primary Job Functions
· Build up in-depth knowledge of internal data stores and structures.
· Writes queries against SQL Server databases for reporting and data retrieval.
· Take complete ownership of new software projects throughout every stage of the development life cycle.
· Be candid with all stakeholders, especially inside your team regarding the state of work in progress.
· Be flexible and receptive to design changes that may become necessary to deliver a high-quality product.
· Leverage existing object model to minimize turnaround times and promote maintainability of new code.
· Determine the best architectural approach to software projects.
· Be a solid contributor on a Scrum team.
· Meets with IT and senior management on a regular basis to ensure status of pending deliverables are up to date.
· Provide ad-hoc reports or queries to senior management when requested.
· Works with QA, IT management and any stakeholders involved to clear blocking issues.
· Meets with product owners and project managers to understand how their processes and practices drive the design of new software projects.
· Acts as a technical resource to assist users and customers as appropriate.
· At least 5 years experience using Visual Studio and SQL Server.
· Experience/Knowledge of MVC, WCF, JSON, XML.
· Experience or training in Agile methodologies.
· Experience with source code control (GIT/TFS).
· Solid customer service skills and orientation.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Creative problem solving.
· Ability to stay focused on deliverables and deadlines.
· Be responsive to the reporting of all software defects.
· Ability to spot opportunities for improvement of products and processes.
· Ability to exercise good judgement when making decisions.
· Ability to design and build according to best practice, and remain focused on customer’s needs.
· Positive, respectful and professional attitude toward customers, employees, vendors and management.
· Strong customer empathy and customer experience sensitivity.
· Must be highly self-motivated, flexible, self-sufficient