Snowflake is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team of a highly-collaborative, results-oriented Engineer tasked with delivering high value IT services across the company. This fast-growing IT team believes in doing it right the first time and building for the long-term! Scale, performance, high-value customer services are our hallmark and have earned us a critical role in the company to help drive forward business success based on world class Infrastructure & Operations.
The Senior Systems Engineer ensures Snowflake’s corporate cloud first compute environments are maintained and secure. This includes design, implementation and configuration of virtualized architectures. In addition, this role will utilize big data and partner with the Data Science team to provide insights into the overall health and security of our VDI computing environments.
• Has a “can do” attitude and enjoys leading a high performing global team.
• Works with a high degree of integrity and accountability.
• Enjoys mentoring and coaching a team of skilled IT professionals.
• Results oriented, leveraging metrics to make strategic decisions.
• Participates as an infrastructure and client engineering representative on engineering teams for the design; development; implementation and/or integration of desktop virtualization environments
• Automate workflows to streamline systems management operations using cloud based tools and code
• Partner with Global IT as an expert to staff for the management and deployment of all operating systems, software and endpoint provisioning
• Collaborate with Information Security colleagues to ensure design principles and implementation practices are well aligned with security objectives and larger strategy
• Assist with the development, documentation and implementation of standard operating procedures
• Evaluate existing or emerging technologies to consider factors such as cost, security, compatibility and usability
• Diagnoses and troubleshoots problems with the virtualization environment including Microsoft and Linux O/S
• Establish strong relationships with key technology stakeholders and facilitate, communicate and collaborate with others in the definition, adoption and implementation of technologies as an SME
Qualifications And Experience
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in the Information Technology field
• Minimum of 3 years of experience supporting client enterprise security and operations tools
• Expertise in endpoint management using tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt Stack, Intune, Jamf
• Deployment and Configuration Automation experience in the cloud
• Package management via Munki, Gorilla, Chocolatey, Artifactory, etc.
• Advanced scripting skills via PowerShell and Python or other similar tools for use in automation of daily tasks
• Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize service requests with minimal supervision, excellent organizational skills, a teamwork approach and the ability to act independently to solve problems
• Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, resiliency in the face of continual change, and ability to handle high demands
• Strong understanding of public cloud operation in both Azure and AWS
• Strong understanding of Microsoft Active Directory, group policy configuration and OS hardening techniques
• Strong understanding of OKTA or other multi-factor authentication, SSO and identity management product
• Experience supporting multi-time zone corporate computing environments is required
• Good oral and written English communication skills, strong interpersonal skills
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including overtime and after-hours work. Must be periodically on call for after-hours support
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact