Software Developer (Backend)
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training, and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Software Engineer position responsible for design, implementation, and support of cloud-based web applications to help fulfil our content and collaboration strategy.
• Implement and unit/integration test feature stories
• Contribute to the review and analysis of business requirements, partnering closely with the business
• Collaborate with team on architecture and technical design discussions
• Perform and participate in code reviews, peer inspections and technical design/specifications
• Actively participate in all Scrum ceremonies
• Learn technologies quickly and apply effectively
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in the field of software development.
• 2 - 4 years experience in web application development.
• Experience in Java or Node.js
• Relational database knowledge including SQL
• Experience with software development in the Cloud is preferred
• Knowledge of development methodologies, standards and object oriented design patterns
• Self-motivated developer who takes ownership of work
• Strong problem solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience in Agile/Scrum is preferred