Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Expert Developer to join our team remotely in support of our Veteran Affairs customer.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
• Create software development plans and strategies.
• Developing and implementing algorithms.
• Overseeing developers’ projects and assignments, while being able to offer subject matter expert (SME) guidance.
• Conduct proactive risk identification and mitigation of software development processes.
• Assessing program design as well as test and evaluation of that design.
• Testing sample datasets to check that output from the program works as intended.
• May support writing a specific section of the program while working in a team setting for special projects.
• Effectively communicate with the technical team, management, and the customer to keep them informed of progress, plans and potential issues.
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other technical discipline is required. 10 years of relevant experience may be substituted for education.
• 15 years of relevant experience required.
• Must have experience with Delphi
• Must have experience in software development plans and strategies.
• Must have experience in developing and implementing algorithms.
• Must have experience in database design.
• Must have prior experience leading, mentoring and managing senior to junior developers.
• Must have experience in devising possible solutions to predicted problems, evaluating other options, provide and implement to resolution.
• Must be able to meet critical time sensitive deadlines and meet needs of the customer in a remote capacity while being proactive to monitor, detect, and resolve potential issues before they arise.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
• Experience supporting the Veteran Affairs Administration highly preferred.
Security Clearance Requirements
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Veteran Affairs Public Trust clearance
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
• Sedentary work in a remote capacity.
• Communicating with others to exchange information and frequently communicates with co-workers, management, and customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
• Must be able to view, understand and implement plans and strategies.
• Working with computers.
Our Amazing Benefits Include
• Enhanced benefit package- Apply for more information
• ManTech HSA contribution
• 15 Days of PTO plus 10 holidays
• PTO sellback
• PTO carryover of up to 240 hours
• Up to 8% 401k match
• Up to 4 weeks parental leave
• Eligibility for annual program bonus
• Training and conference opportunities
• Tuition assistance (selected BS/MS programs are fully paid)
• Very flexible schedule with compensation or flex hours for extra time worked
• Employee referral bonuses
The projected compensation range for this position is $93,500-$155,100. There are differentiating factors that can impact a final salary/hourly rate, including, but not limited to, Contract Wage Determination, relevant work experience, skills and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location (For Remote Opportunities), education and certifications as well as Federal Government Contract Labor categories. In addition, ManTech invests in it’s employees beyond just compensation. ManTech’s benefits offerings include, dependent upon position, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Retirement and Savings, Learning and Development opportunities, wellness programs as well as other optional benefit elections.
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTechs Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTechs utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information