American AgCredit offers a unique opportunity to be a part of a national financial system supporting those who feed, clothe and fuel the world. We are a growing organization embracing collaboration and innovation while delivering transformative solutions. American AgCredit provides a cultivating environment where you truly make a difference for our customers and teams.
Benefits offered by American AgCredit:
• Commitment to agriculture and the communities we serve
• Family friendly work environment
• Investment in employee development
• Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
• Outstanding 401k – automatic 3% employer contribution, plus match up to 6%
• Generous Paid Time Off (Vacation accrued at 15 days annually, Sick Days accrued at 15 days annually, plus 11 paid holidays)
• Competitive Incentive Compensation Plan
• Disability & Life Insurance
• Employee mental, physical, and financial wellness programs
• Opportunity to travel to our headquarters in Santa Rosa, California!
As part of the IT Development Group/Business Intelligence team, the Developer is responsible for the development and integration of the Association’s enterprise application systems including proprietary enterprise applications designed and deployed in-house as well as third-party applications hosted externally.
• Build, improve and/or maintain web based applications, console applets and integration solutions under the guidance of the Application Development Manager and Enterprise Architecture Team.
• Be involved in all phases of the software development life-cycle as an individual contributor adhering to Association’s standards and best practices.
• Collaborate with IT Development team to interpret business requirements and functional specifications as part of the overall program to fully integrate the Association’s enterprise applications.
• Perform ServiceNow implementation tasks including configuration, integration, custom programming.
• Develop quality mobile applications on smart phones using programming knowledge from multiple operating systems
• Understand Agile development concepts and incorporate regular end-user feedback into design and prototypes
• Create and maintain clear and concise technical specifications and documentation.
• Support, maintain, and document software functionality. Provide assistance with testing and quality assurance.
• Resolve software and system issues.
• Design/code reviews, champion good coding practices and standards, as well as constructively improve source code.
• Participate in project planning and estimation.
• Perform other functions as assigned.
LEVELS OF SUPERVISION EXERCISED AND RECEIVED:
Exercises no supervision; regularly provides technical guidance and training; makes independent decisions; works under general direction.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• BS in Computer Science or BA with equivalent technical competency
• Minimum 5 years of software development and design with demonstrated proficiency
• Experience and/or understanding in the design and build of data models
• Knowledge of relational and dimensional data design principles and practices
• Understanding of the software life-cycle and software engineering best practices, including specification, documentation, configuration management, testing and quality assurance.
• Experience with version control (i.e. Git, Subversion), issue tracking and build/release management
• Good client service, communication skills and able to work in a team programming environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Effective at leading, delegating tasks and authority
• Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through
• Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritize individual work load, troubleshoot and remedy problems under pressing deadlines
• Ability to work on several projects simultaneously
• High attention to detail
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Must have the ability to perform basic office tasks and sit at a desk for an extended period of time. Job requires extensive use of computers and phones. While performing the job, the employee is required to sit, crouch, kneel, crawl, reach and have the ability to lift up to 40 pounds. Ability to work with typical hardware and cabling practices required. Must have strong written and verbal communication skills to adequately convey ideas and work well with a team. Ability to talk and hear, sit and use their hands and fingers, and reach in all directions is essential in performance of the job. Must be able to interact effectively with people at all levels of company. Work during established business hours and may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
Minimum - $92,560.00 Midpoint - $115,700.00 Max - $144,625.00
This range is reflective of the national salary average for this position and will be adjusted using geographic variance for physical location of the hired candidate. American AgCredit may compensate outside of the salary range for bona fide reasons not related to membership in a protected class.
All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor or transfer visas for applicants.
American AgCredit provides equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, genetic information, medical condition, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, military service or veteran status, victims of domestic violence, or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. American AgCredit prohibits harassment of any individuals on any of the bases listed above.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org