What You Will Do
• Take ownership of technical challenges rising from product delivery efforts
• Communicate updates and issues clearly to stakeholders as needed
• Stay focused on end goal solutions determined by product teams roadmap
• Participate in and contribute to the development team’s processes
• Learn the technologies you need to successfully perform in your role with little outside assistance
What You Should Have
• Mid-level (minimum 3-5 years of) experience in software development
• Knowledge of current technology trends, platforms, and stacks (especially those relevant to VHT)
• Amazon Web Services (or similar) and cloud applications
• Object-oriented design and object-oriented programming
• Ruby on Rails or a similar back end language/framework
• Multithreading and background processing
• Secure coding
• Automated testing (unit, integration, performance)
• CI/CD pipelines and automation technologies (e.g. Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform or similar)
• Linux (Ubuntu)
• Scrum and Agile Framework (specifically SAFe)
• Any previous experience with communications technology (especially telephony) is favorable
• Bonus Points for any previous experience with communications technology (especially telephony)
How do we keep the best talent happy?
How about we start with “Open PTO” – we offer that!
Because working hard requires that you play hard too. Working hard also means you need to work out hard to clear the mind and rejuvenate the body – VHT offers deeply subsidized health club memberships.
VHT is a family, and we recognize the critical role our employees’ families play in our success – that’s why you’ll find company events happening throughout the year for employees and their loved ones – golf tournaments, holiday parties, summer cookouts, evenings at the ballpark, and lots more.
Compensation matters! In addition to highly competitive salaries, VHT offers a full array of health insurance, health savings, disability insurance, and matching 401k programs, and more as a part of our employees’ comprehensive compensation package.
VHT is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
• *Must be authorized to work in the US