Software Engineer, SEO (Remote)
Houzz is the world’s leading platform for home remodeling and design, helping more than 2.5 million home professionals in over 100 categories to grow and manage their business. Through Houzz, a community of more than 65 million homeowners and home design enthusiasts, find ideas, hire professionals, source products and access tools to update their homes from start to finish. Houzz is available in every country around the world with localized platforms in more than 10 countries across North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
About The Role
This is a remote position, working from home in Minnesota. There may be some very limited travel to our Palo Alto headquarters.
What You’ll Do
• Create web applications using React/Node and other technologies
• Write backend microservices in PHP, Java, Go or another modern programming language
• Design data schema using SQL/NoSQL database
• Debug, manage and improve existing systems, with a focus on performance and reducing maintenance burden
• Scale our operations by building necessary tooling and automating essential jobs
• Work cross-functionally across engineering, product, and design teams
At a Minimum, We’d Like You to Have
• A consistent desire to grow, learn, and explore new technologies
• Understanding around concepts like Web Services, SOA, REST APIs
• An ability to work on fast paced, data-driven projects
• A B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent
Ideally, Youll Also Have
• Familiarity with Node.js and PHP development
• Basic understanding of SEO knowledge
• Proficiency in web stack programming, from schema design to building user-facing interfaces
• Independence, self-direction and experience owning complete products and features
• Experience developing consumer facing features for millions of consumers a plus
• Familiarity with NoSQL databases or Solr a plus
Be Who You Are and Do What You Love at Houzz
We’re a Family
At Houzz, we strive to create and foster a strong family environment in our workplace. We collaborate to accomplish our goals, always working as a team. We aim to build a culture of inclusion — celebrating and leveraging our differences for the betterment of one another, our products and our community. Houzz team members come from many backgrounds and bring diverse experiences to the company. We take pride in making each person feel at home.
We Build the Future
Join Houzz in revolutionizing the home remodeling and design industry and have an impact on our community of more than 65 million homeowners and home design enthusiasts who use our platform and the 2.5 million-plus home professionals around the world who grow and manage their business with Houzz Pro. Houzz has been named one of the most innovative companies in the world by CNBC and others, and is backed by top venture capitalists. At Houzz, you can help drive the future of an industry worth over $1 trillion in the U.S. and Europe alone.
We Make Things Happen
Our team members play a key role in guiding the direction of our company and are able to work across multiple groups to implement fresh ideas that allow Houzz to be the industry leader. If you are interested in applying your passion to create products that will transform the lives of millions of people who are designing, remodeling and decorating their homes, welcome to Houzz.
Benefits And Perks
• Competitive salary
• Flexible paid time off
• Commuter benefits
• Medical, dental, vision and pet insurance
• Maternity/paternity leave program
• Employee assistance program
• 401k retirement savings plan
• Flexible spending accounts
• Healthy at Houzz program
Houzz is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. When applying for a role at Houzz, we guarantee your application will be considered regardless of your sex, race, religion, color, gender, national origin, height or weight, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We embrace and celebrate the value that diversity brings to an organization and understand that diverse backgrounds and different points of view are essential components of helping Houzz in our mission to provide the best experience for home renovation and design. Houzz is committed to fostering an inclusive environment through projects and initiatives such as employee resource groups and diversity workshops.
Houzz celebrates differences and strives to create a comfortable and authentic climate for Houzzers to feel supported, where they are welcomed to think creatively and contribute to innovative ideas, while having the freedom to be themselves and share their lives at work.
If you are a California resident applying for a job, you consent to our California Job Applicant Privacy Notice