Confirmed enrollment at this time warrants the hiring of a cohort of teachers to staff approximately ten K-5 classrooms as well as grade-level and specialty teachers in Spanish, Computer Science, Art, Music, and Physical Education. If enrollment increases or decreases, we will adjust the faculty cohort as necessary.
Applicants must reside within the Pacific Standard Time zone to be considered for this position.
We seek candidates whose experience includes:
• Teaching Spanish Curriculum online or in classroom
• Proven ability to engage students and manage a primarily synchronous classroom in a fully online environment
We seek candidates who are excited about the prospect of launching a new school and have the flexible mindset needed to build and continually adjust a novel program, one that might include students from outside California. As the teaching team will be small and somewhat isolated, we seek candidates who will take the lead in connecting with others on the team, especially specialty teachers. Our OA teachers will help create new rituals and traditions designed to engender a sense of belonging among students and faculty. Toward that goal, all Academy teachers will be expected to host periodic virtual social events that speak to their interests.
The expectations for Online Academy include the following:
• Use Stratford School curriculum, pacing guides, and teaching guidelines.
• Teach a class (or classes, if a specialty teacher) of 22-24 students (15 for kindergarten) for an entire school year, giving them an experience that approximates the rigor, richness, structure, and cohesion of a campus experience.
• Design and offer daily lesson plans that include highly synchronous on-screen and guided off-screen activities for students. Manage students’ weekday learning between the hours of about 8 am and 3 pm, approximating a typical school day at Stratford School.
• Attend Online Academy virtual staff meetings, campus or grade level professional development opportunities at least monthly. Participate in the professional development activities expected of every Stratford teacher, including August PD week and dedicated fall and winter PD days