Sr. Graphics Designer (Remote)
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company
Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today’s gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
Hawthorne is built to serve growers of all sizes, from commercial cultivators to home hobbyists. Our goal is to enable all growers to seize todays unprecedented opportunities and build the industry of tomorrow. This is the hydroponic industry, not your Grandma’s Garden.
We are made up of dozens of best-in-class hydroponic brands, from Gavita, General Hydroponics and Sun System, to Botanicare and Mother Earth, that span every hydroponic growing category from lighting to nutrients, growing environment, growing media, hardware, and many more.
We are looking for a Senior Graphic Designer to join our dynamic and passionate team!
The Senior Designer will be instrumental in building a variety of creative and production projects from concept through execution for a portfolio of the biggest brands in the hydroponics industry. You’ll have the opportunity to lend your creative skills to brand and product launch campaigns across a number of print and digital platforms. As a Senior Designer you’ll develop creative assets for print ads, digital ads, social media campaigns, product packaging, logos and more. We need a sharp, nimble, creative mind who’s quick on their feet and plays nice with the team.
What You’ll Do In This Role
• Be an integral part of the Creative team, both leading and contributing to the creation of assets as part of advertising and branding campaigns and a wide variety of other creative and production projects
• Collaborate with Creative Director, Integrated Marketing teams and public relations teams to identify and build appropriate creative solutions for an array of design challenges
• Work with the Creative Director, Creative Team and Copywriters to attend kickoff meetings, conceptualize, present and pitch ideas and finished concepts to stakeholders including; marketing leadership and our category team
• Develop and produce packaging and collateral materials for multiple brands and products
• Prepare artwork and media for final approval and distribution
What You’ll Need To Be Successful
• Degree in graphic design or related field or demonstrable related skills and experience
• M inimum 5 years of design experience in both print and digital mediums
• Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically; Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Acrobat. Premiere Pro, After Effects and motion graphics a big plus
• Thorough understanding of traditional and modern print processes
• Portfolio with strong project examples that support the above skillset
• Excellent communication, visual presentation and interpersonal skills
• Ability to both offer expert recommendations AND take direction on creative projects and
• Proactively manage multiple projects to meet tight deadlines
• Flexibility to quickly move between projects as priorities change
• Ability to calmly and accurately track and execute multiple revision requests
• Self-starter who is comfortable in an extremely fast-paced environment
• Able to start and keep projects moving forward when all of the information may not be immediately available
• Prior experience in consumer product marketing.
With our needs in mind, please submit your design/production samples, so we can get an idea of your best work. Feel free to include links to your content or portfolio in your application.
What we do for you (just to list a few cool ones) :
• Offer extremely competitive benefits including Health, Dental and Vision coverage.
• 401K match (up to 7.5%). No waiting period on vesting or match.
• Discounted stock purchasing program (15% discount).
• 13 paid holidays and a generous vacation policy.
• Fitness Club Reimbursement ($350)
Our commitment to LiveTotal Health puts the wellness and safety of our associates and their families as the top priority. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, ensuring associate safety has been a primary focus for all of us at Scotts. With the continuing pandemic, we remain committed to doing everything we can to keep our associates healthy and safe. As such, we are requiring certain associates to get a COVID vaccine*. This safety measure will help protect our associates, our families and our communities. We recognize a medical or personal circumstance may prevent you from meeting this requirement and we have a process to address those concerns.
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne Gardening talent networks.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification To Agencies
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
• Except where prohibited by state or local law