In Amazon Games, HR professionals can have a profound impact on any organization. When you’re building teams and products like these, you change lives. Your bold ideas are not only welcome, they’re essential. We seek a Sr. HR Business Partner to engage with our Amazon Games teams whose initiatives are often outside of Amazons current space and whose ethos is to build teams that move fast, take risks, and revolutionize the problem space. The Sr. HR Business Partner will work with business leaders and managers on the talent strategy needed for high growth and unique business models, as well as build an environment where employees thrive at thinking big and inventing.
The Sr. HR Business Partner will oversee talent management, organizational design and effectiveness, workforce planning, employee development and engagement, among other HR efforts. To be successful in this role, the Sr. HR Business Partner must understand business priorities and translate them into an HR agenda that drives the business. The Sr. HR Business Partner will help business leaders look around corners with data-driven recommendations for innovative and scalable solutions as well as iterating on current programs to improve performance, retention and the employee experience.
The role will collaborate closely with managers and employees to implement HR programs including talent reviews, compensation planning, career development, performance management, actioning employee survey data, and internal processes and policies. The ability to collaborate across groups, influence all levels of the organization, and roll up your sleeves and engage are critical success factors. High business acumen, coaching skills, excellent communication skills, and planning/project management skills are also essential. Finally, the Sr. HR Business Partner will balance competing priorities and conflicting opinions in order to facilitate the best decisions for employees and the business in an environment of ambiguity and rapid change.
Able to travel, as appropriate.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field
• 7+ years of experience in an HR professional role evidencing strong HR generalist acumen
• Knowledge of employment laws such as ERISA, COBRA, ADA, and other federal and state laws covering discrimination and equal opportunity employment.
• Masters Degree in Human Resources Management or related field
• HR experience in high-tech, start-up, private equity and/or entrepreneurial environments
• Proven ability to diagnose issues, drawing on both professional experience and strategic thinking skills, and drive appropriate solutions with self-initiative.
• Not hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in, and get the job done.
• Strong analytical skills, including the understanding of metrics to support plans and monitor performance
• Excellent written and verbal communication to prepare high quality documents as well as present and facilitate group meetings and events.
• Exceptional listening skills and ability to relate to, influence, and coach employees of all levels in the organization.
• Experience coaching senior leaders and managers
• Strong talent assessment skills
• Project management skills; ability to lead projects, gain buy-in and drive to execution and achievement of the right results
• Self-starter, able to work both independently as well as an active member of both business and HR teams.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company - Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1772118