Description & Requirements
Our client believes the world is a better place with strong community banks and credit unions, which value the person behind the account. They are the backbone of these institutions and this platform team is the first wallet experience that your family and your neighbors use to manage every aspect of their finances.
Our strong vision and strategy to make digital banking personal is at the heart of our partnership with community banks and credit unions. We invest in relationships, and it shows in every facet of our platform. A healthy local economy where everyone is valued as a person opens economic opportunities to build a better world.
The Senior Node Engineer participates and works with our team to provide APIs and web servers for a suite of single page applications as well as our online banking product. Our APIs are first-class in nature and are consumed by both our internal teams as well as teams outside of our group.
Node Engineers are constantly keeping our app up to date with the newest development and deployment practices to offer exciting user experiences for highly secured data. The Node team also works to enable other teams by building tools and processes that help them do their work faster and deliver for consistently.
What You’ll Be Responsible For
• Establish and review business and technical requirements and overall project plans to define or refine standards, ensure adherence to standards and to facilitate the transfer of knowledge throughout the development staff.
• Collaborate with developers, QA, operations and management to provide technical direction in requirements analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment.
• Perform the most complex product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification and resolution.
• Perform system analysis and programming activities which require extensive research and analysis.
• Collaborate with other engineers to propose and execute strategies, ideas and technologies well suited to the problems at hand.
• Actively contribute to and improve the engineering organization’s coding standards and best practices. Define or refine standards for the design and development of software.
• Adequately establish yourself as a technical leader that can be recognized as a thought leader both internally and externally of your team.
• Build strong work relationships based on open communication that encourages a creative, thoughtful and enjoyable work environment.
• Lead by example, exhibiting maturity and poise through all interactions with peers and leadership.
• May perform other job duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need To Have
• Minimum 3 years of experience building Restful API’s with NodeJS or Express/KOA/GraphQL.
• Experience with Postgres SQL or other relational databases.
• Experience with cloud development.
What Would Be Nice For You To Have
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science.
• Experience with continuous integration systems.
• Experience with Typescript.
• Experience tracing a request through the network stack.
• Implemented OAuth2/OpenID Connect.
• Familiarity with the full life cycle of software development, from design and implementation to testing and deployment.
• You are curious and thrive in an environment where you are constantly learning and growing.
If you got this far, we hope youre feeling excited about this opportunity. Even if you dont feel you meet every single requirement on this posting, we still encourage you to apply. Were eager to meet motivated people who align with our mission and can contribute to our company in a variety of ways