Of course we offer all the benefits you’d expect from a company with over 50 years of history. Yet, beyond this, we know everyone works differently and is motivated by different things. That’s why we offer competitive pay and a wide assortment of benefits – to help you make the most of your life at work and away from it.
As the world’s leading entertainment technology company, IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies. Specializing in immersive motion picture technologies, our employees are driven by a passion to take audiences around the world to places they’ve only dreamed of.
Come explore IMAX – where innovation, creativity and passion come together.
We are in the midst of reinventing IMAX for the future and looking for an established digital brand marketing leader to drive change in an exciting time in our business.
The SVP of Digital & Brand Marketing will have ownership over IMAXs Digital, Brand, and Product Customer strategy reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer. We have a unique opportunity for an experienced, digital thinker to reimagine a new, right sized vision for digital at IMAX and who has a track record in building incredible brands and products that inspire. This person will be a true visionary and innovative thinker who can lead a cross-functional team to grow our digital strategy through the IMAX Brand with products that will enhance our customer loyalty. Leader in driving priorities around direct to consumer, and IMAX Enhanced, IMAX’s in-home proposition.
What you’ll be doing:
• Rethink our digital marketing function from top to bottom. Create a simple, fit for purpose roadmap for a new best-in-class, small but mighty digital marketing function at IMAX, leveraging data, research, and insights to create breakthrough digital marketing campaigns for the IMAX brand and content campaigns for the biggest movies in the world
• Ensure IMAX protects and grows our loyal base of IMAX fans across 84 countries around the world through relevant digital channels
• You will have experience delivering multi-year digital marketing plans driving customer growth and demand, with hands on experience with planning, discovery, identifying digital capability gaps across B2B, B2C, and D2C touchpoints, including IMAX.com and IMAX’s social media strategy
• Lead the digital roadmap (display, retargeting, SEO/SEM) and oversee increasing engagement across core channels (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc).
• You will own, in partnership with the brand team, key KPIs including, brand health measures (awareness, distinctiveness, consideration, preference, value), market share, moviegoer and partner satisfaction (NPS & qualitative feedback), moviegoer social engagement
• You must build the end-to-end Brand, Product & Digital programs to support our customer journey and increase our customer experience
• You can tell a story and make something worth far more than its elements by connecting your audience to its origin and meaning.
• You bring a sophisticated management and leadership style anchored in a clear and concise articulation of vision, goals, strategies, values/culture, and roles and responsibilities.
• You have the ability to create brand marketing plans geared toward consumers for the IMAX Brand, building equity across the Brand.
• You ensure all writing, communications, events, and plans align with the Brand image of IMAX.
• Oversee Brand Growth & Product Development
• Manage, forecast, and deliver P&L.
• You map brand development across the short-term and long-term objectives.
• You directly manage the Brand, Product, and Digital Marketing team to align with marketing strategy and roadmap effectively.
• You have competitive intelligence - you are an expert on our competition and develop playbooks that support the growth of our business.
• You oversee the day-to-day Brand, Product strategy assignments and fostering the teams professional development.
• You are a strong coach and mentor. Sharing experiences, providing real-time feedback.
What we’re looking for:
• A digital architect with handyman qualities- a seasoned entertainment marketing executive who feels equally adept at building from scratch as well as delivering marginal gains across a category leading product
• Bachelors degree in Marketing or related field
• 10-15 years of managing a well-established brand & brand team, entertainment or creative agency
• Able to effectively partner with key stakeholders and manage multiple projects at once
The ideal candidate will have:
• Communication: a concise communicator in all forms.
• Leadership/Relationship Builder ability to drive influence and impact to the Brand, the team, and ultimately our customers.
• Gets alignment across a slate of key stakeholders within and outside the organization
• Critical Thinker/Problem Solver looks at problems as an opportunity to be better. Logical in their thought process.
• Is data driven and has an inquisitive mind as to the power of data and insight to drive marketing decisions
• Results Driven that drives bottom line results.
• Agility to demonstrable experience working in entrepreneurial environments, with an agile work approach to building systems from scratch where they do not exist
• Teamwork/Collaboration that supports the team and IMAX.
Our Commitment to you:
For consideration, please apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At IMAX youll be part of a culture built on respect - one that recognizes the unique talents of everyone on the team. Were proud of the differences that make us all unique and we support unity, acceptance and equal rights for all. Diversity and inclusion among our employees are critical to our success as a global company.
Before you start with IMAX, all employment is subject to background and reference checks. Additionally, our U.S. employees are subject to our mandatory Covid-19 vaccine policy.
IMAX is proud to be an equal opportunity employer