General Motors Drive Quality Systems Organization is currently seeking a Systems Engineer to join the team. This groups mission is to translate the Voice-of-Customer into customer-facing requirements, enabling exceptional GM customer satisfaction!
Main Responsibilities Include
The Systems Engineer will lead all aspects of a given functional area and plays a vital role in projects, leveraging his or her Engineering expertise and capabilities to work with cross functional partners and lead specific functional areas of vehicle-level Driveablity. The Systems Engineer will be responsible for functional areas that make a vehicle Stop, Go and Turn. This role requires a balance of both technical and leadership skills, where you have the opportunity to not only address customer concerns in our direct area, but to influence the broader organization as well.
• Physics Based Understanding of Voice-of-Customer Concerns
• Perform root cause analysis of Driveability issues
• Define Requirements for Hardware, Controls, Standard Work, VTS/SSTS and Testing
• Perform Competitive Benchmark Testing to Understand Controls & Calibration Strategies
• Lead Driveability Initiatives and Projects
• Provide Technical Mentoring to Individuals in and out of the Direct Group
• Lead Cross-functional Integration with Energy, NVH, Hardware, Software, Calibration, Controls, Vehicle and Virtual Teams
Minimum Required Skills And Experience
• Bachelors degree in Engineering
• 2+ years of experience in the field of expertise
• Vehicle-level instrumentation and testing experience
• Ability to analyze many different sources and formats of data
• High level of analytical Problem Solving and Root Cause ability, including independent judgment and decision-making skills, where problems are very unusual and extremely difficult
• Breadth of knowledge across multiple function areas (Energy, NVH, Hardware, Software, Calibration, Controls, Vehicle and Virtual)
• Ability to learn new and complex topics quickly
• Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related areas
• Create and manage project plans independently
Preferred Skills And Experience
• in Driveability, Calibration, Controls or Software
• Masters or PhD degree in Engineering
• DFSS Black Belt Certification
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individuals age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying