Systems Engineer - Storage Automation
We are looking for an exceptional Storage Engineer to join our broader Technology Engineering team. Youll be instrumental in supporting and developing automation in a large and diverse storage environment across both our cloud and non-cloud ecosystem. With this position comes a litany of interesting engineering challenges that will test your technical dexterity and call for intelligent well-designed solutions. Are you willing to accept the challenge?
With a DevOps mentality, you’ll provide storage engineering solutions within a small, collaborative team that is changing the way BECU looks at this space, including the implementation of “green field” environments. You’ll keep the “saw sharp” in a hands-on role that also provides a unique opportunity to shape the future direction of our systems. The ideal candidate is passionate about technology, is self-motivated, and has great communication skills.
• Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection requirements.
• Maintain unit and integration tests and implement them into CI/CD pipelines to increase delivery quality.
• Consistently evaluate and improve continuous integration / continuous delivery pipelines, to increase quality and efficiency. Present, as needed, technical knowledge and accomplishments to product team and share with engineering community where appropriate.
• Analyze telemetry for gaps and improve coverage to reduce outages and time to resolution. Implement telemetry for pipeline metrics to increase reliability of system delivery.
• Maintain and provide input to architecture and dataflow diagrams, and be able to speak to frameworks, protocols and external dependencies of teams products.
• Assist more senior engineers to Develop prototypes, proofs of concept, and solutions by combining technical expertise with a developing understanding of basic software design concepts throughout the systems delivery lifecycle.
• Collaborate with team members to implement and document best practices given requirements for software and systems.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
• Must have storage experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent.
• Minimum two years of experience designing, delivering and maintaining systems to production in a team environment required.
• Understanding of database technologies, including platforms, authentication, and connectivity, and ability to write basic SQL queries preferred.
• Experience writing reusable, testable functions/methods that follow object-oriented development patterns preferred.
• Minimum two years of experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery patterns, including Infrastructure-as-Code, and tools (e.g., Azure DevOps Services, GitHub Actions, etc.) preferred.
• Experience implementing security in a multi-tiered application required. Knowledge of more complex security methods required, including database security, web application security, etc. preferred.
• Experience performing code reviews, pull requests, and following source control standards such as Git Flow or Trunk-Based Development.
• Experience designing and implementing one or more infrastructure systems (e.g., Azure PaaS, Azure IaaS, Windows or Linux servers, SAN, Exchange, IIS, Active Directory, Azure AD, etc.) required.
• Experience sharing technical work in front of technically adept audiences preferred.
• Proficient at using debugging to diagnose code issues in automated scripts. Uses systematic debugging/troubleshooting to diagnose cross service issues, sometimes with help from more senior engineers.
• Experience with Test Driven Development concepts, methods, and tools. Demonstrated experience in unit testing preferred.
• Proficient verbal and written skills to effectively.
• Be available on an on-call basis to respond to pending issues or problems arising during non-business hours and provide support and response.
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status