Sells insurance products through telemarketing
• Places and answers (inbound and outbound) telephone calls from/to potential customers. Assists with decisions regarding plans and products.
• Follows up/through on leads provided.
• Generates letters to prospective customers. Processes applications and prepares marketing/information packets.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
Required Work Experience:
• One year Telemarketing or sales.
Preferred Work Experience:
• Medicare Supplement product knowledge
• Insurance or Healthcare Sales Experience
• GoldMine software experience.
• LiveOps software experience.
• Currently licensed by SCDOI (South Carolina Department of Insurance).
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Working knowledge of word processing software.
• Good judgment skills.
• Effective presentation skills.
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
• Effective organizational skills.
Required Software and Other Tools:
• Microsoft office.
Required Licenses and Certificates:
• Department of Insurance Licensure must be obtained within 60 days of hire in state employed.
• Typical office environment.
• May involve work from home setting environment.
We participate in E-Verify and comply with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina and our subsidiary companies maintain a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment to promote employment opportunities for persons regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, weight, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other legally protected status. Additionally, as a federal contractor, the company maintains Affirmative Action programs to promote employment opportunities for minorities, females, disabled individuals and veterans. It is our policy to provide equal opportunities in all phases of the employment process and to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail email@example.com or call 1-800-288-2227, ext. 43172 with the nature of your request. We will make a determination regarding your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis