Receives and handles telephone calls from customers calling to place orders, inquire about products, return merchandise, and assists with related issues. Places customer orders and suggests products to the customer to purchase, emphasizing promotional items. Handles customer complaints and works with Customer Service on product returns, re-orders, and credit issues. Consults with managers to receive authorization for specific product returns, to obtain approval on overriding product pricing, and to review restrictions on product shortages. Attends onsite vendor meetings and annual national sales meetings to learn about various products and key selling points
Please provide concise description of the main job function.
Essential Responsibilities & Accountabilities
• Receives and handles telephone calls from customers calling to place orders, inquire about products, return merchandise, and assist with related issues. Places customer orders and suggests related products (cross-selling) or upgraded products (up-selling) to the customer to purchase. Informs customers of promotional items and manufacturers specials, utilizing consultative sales techniques.
• Handles customer complaints, typically regarding pricing errors or items on back order. Forwards elevated calls to management, including competitor price matching issues, which fall below guidelines.
• Participates in the outbound calling campaign to expand business by contacting assigned accounts to attempt to regain business and obtain new accounts, by offering promotional items and negotiating competitive product pricing.
• Attends onsite vendor meetings and annual national sales meetings to learn about various products and key selling points.
• Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
• Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures including WorldWide Business Standards.
• Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
USA-NY-New York Area
Two years administrative sales experience or the equivalent required.
Specialized Knowledge And Skills
Strong selling, customer service and negotiation skills. Good telephone etiquette with the ability to call out to and answer a high volume of calls. Ability to effectively answer inquiries and resolve disputes. Able to learn applicable computer systems and work independently with limited supervision. Strong keyboarding skills.
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at: www.henryschein.com/careers