Chemours is seeking a Summer Intern to join our IT team working on Amelia AI Virtual Assistant Cognitive Support! This position will report directly to the Global Service Desk Manager.
As a Cognitive Support Summer Intern, you will have the opportunity to be involved in providing top tier customer support to Chemours employees, contractors and partners. As well as development work in helping us design and expand use cases for our conversational AI Virtual Assistant, Amelia.
In this role, you will get to work on conversational design, developing intent and utterances, running validation testing to ensure that Virtual assistant provide a great user experience. You will support user journey mapping and assist in required documentation in our KB. You will be involved in UI/UX and AI/ML activities as we scale up the use of virtual assistant in our organization.
Effective candidates will have the ability to communicate with impact, have excellent problem-solving skills, and possess great organizing skills.
Location: Wilmington, D E
Hours: Regular full-time schedule of 40 hours per week
Preferred First Term: May - Aug ust 202 2
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Utilize Ipsoft Amelia portal to develop intent, business process network and utterances needed to create use cases for enduser to submit request or query Amelia. Support User acceptance testing and application tuning to ensure the user experience is great.
• Utilize IT Support operating procedures, global knowledgebase, and process workflowsUtilize and improve development standards, framework, templates, and best practices.
The following is required for this role:
• Current enrollment at an accredited university as a Sophomore or above
• Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or similar field of study
• Have done some elective on Chatbot User Experience, Natural Language Processing, Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, Data Analytic or other Advanced technical programming language support Java Scripting/Groovy/Perl/Bash/Python.
The following is preferred for this role :
• Experience with SharePoint and/or Microsoft Teams
• Previous internship experience in Information Technology
• 3.0 GPA or above
• Competitive Compensation
• Paid Site Holidays and Paid Day of Service
• Temporary Housing Assistance
• Learning and Development Opportunities
• Strong Inclusion and Diversity Initiatives
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY.
We are driven by our purpose to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch—in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications. We bring solutions that are better, safer, more reliable, and more sustainable, through the power of chemistry.
We see our people as our biggest assets. Instead of focusing just on what our employees do each day, we look at how they do it. By taking a different approach to talent development, employee engagement, and culture, our goal is to empower employees to be their best selves—at Chemours and in life.
The “ours” in Chemours represents everyone who works here. We’re thousands strong and always looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
Five fundamental, foundational values form the substructure of our culture as a multinational
corporation. They are core beliefs that guide and frame both our behaviors and our aspirations. Our values are in part what differentiate us from others, making us uniquely Chemours. They are—Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Collective Entrepreneurship, Safety Obsession, and Unshakable Integrity. At Chemours, our values are where everything begins.
We were honored to be named a “Great Place to Work-Certified Company” for 2018 and 2019 — our second consecutive year . We were also proud to receive a Gold Medallion Award from the U.S. Department of Labor’s HIRE VETS program in 2019.
Chemours is an equal opportunity employer
Chemours is an E-Verify employer
Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Candidates who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa [OPT], TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) are ineligible
At Chemours, you will find sustainability in our vision, our business and your future. If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join Chemours and discover what it means when we say “We Are Living Chemistry”