Tulip is a place you come to make an impact, working with like-minded people to build something meaningful using the best technology. We are growing, and while lean is great, we need more people, energy, innovation and talent.
Right now, we are adding a Software Developer to the Delivery team. Our team’s focus is on the successful launch of our enterprise customers - focusing on creating robust, resilient and sustainable data synchronization systems between Tulip and our client’s CRM, ORM and other services.
Tulip uses a variety of different technologies and languages, and the Delivery team mainly uses Node.JS using TypeScript to build out the transformation and loading layers for pushing data Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will help gather requirements, brainstorm ideas, architect solutions, solve technical issues, and strive to create a balance between the speed of delivery and feature-richness of Tulip products. This is an exciting role for someone who enjoys the challenge and responsibility of large projects.
What you will do:
• Write quality code, test it & document it.
• Perform code review and help to improve our coding processes.
• Enjoy learning new tools and investigating existing solutions for best fit.
• Take ownership of key aspects of the project and help ensure a successful delivery.
• Identify problems early and communicate them to the relevant stakeholders.
• Contribute to design/architectural decisions.
• Champion product and architectural improvements for future releases.
What you bring:
• We’re using Node.JS primarily, so experience in this is nice to have, but not required - any level of software development experience will be considered.
• Experience with working with external APIs is a major part of this role - if you’ve built data syncing systems and care about programming defensively to prioritize data integrity, or you are passionate about this kind of problem - this is the position for you.
• Communication is key - we’re looking for people that are comfortable with communicating within a team. You can represent ideas well, and work collaboratively with the team to find good solutions to problems.
• Knowledge of software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing.
Tulip has perks, career progress, and an intimate culture. We have:
• An excellent healthcare plan with no wait time, paid parental leave, and corporate gym rates.
• A culture of openness and idea generation. We have weekly all-hands and quarterly town halls. We pride ourselves on our transparency and keeping it real. From the most senior to the newest team member, we give you access to decision makers and career building work.
• The opportunity to grow and apply new skills be it hands-on or leadership. We prioritize diversity, inclusion, and building a community. Were a little weird but in a good way