The artist will work closely with the team to bring the game to life and receive regular feedback from the group to incorporate approved ideas provided in a timely fashion.
This position is for a specific game project, and the projects duration is currently estimated to last six weeks. You must be available to attend daily stand-ups, coordinate with a distributed multidisciplinary team, and complete all tasks on time and to specification. The position is a remote full-time position, and the artist must be available to work 4 hours of overlap time with California (PST) daily, between 9 am-5 pm PST. Additional project details will be provided during the interview.
- Conceptualize, design, and create stunning animations.
- Create compelling and inspiring key frames for approval before the animation is completed.
- Work within an established art style.
- Export animations and art to specifications required to be imported into Unity.
- Active involvement in the game creation process by interacting with the design team.
- Attend team meetings, including project kick-offs, stand-ups, and additional meetings as required.
- Readily available to answer questions.
- Able to work during the required overlap time from 9 am to 5 pm PST.
- Experience creating motion graphics for games or comparable experience.
- Experience exporting animations for Unity.
- Experience with the mobile game pipeline.
- Bonus if able to animate or create characters.
- Strong portfolio showcasing your most recent work.
- Ability to receive constructive feedback from management, peers, and other creative sources.
- Ability to work well under pressure, adhere to tight deadlines, and follow guidelines, processes, and schedules.
- Possess the ability to learn and adapt to art and production pipelines quickly.
- Able to work independently, creatively, and track multiple deadlines to success.
- Must be a team player.
- Must have at least 4 hours overlap with the Studio time 9 am to 5 pm PST.
About Robot Sea Monster
We are a digital production studio with an extensive background in games, AR/VR, and commercial application development. Founded in 2012, the studio has successfully shipped over 38 products, serving major brands such as Blue Shield, Pearson, LO3 Energy, Occipital, and Sizzle Entertainment. Our work has been profiled in major media outlets, such as The New York Times, CNBC, TED, and more.
We are a fully remote company with team members across the globe. Team members are expected to have high-speed internet suitable for both work and voice calls. Team members must have a functional microphone with a clean audio to communicate with the rest of the team. Additional tools required for the position must be supplied by the team member with exceptions only for exceptionally proprietary software or hardware required for a project.
Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but all team members must have at least 4 hours overlap with the Studio time 9 am to 5 pm PST. Monday through Friday. Workers must be available via Google Hangout, email, and Slack during designated work hours. Additional hours may be required when project completion deadlines must be met as well as for periodic client meetings. Hours will fluctuate based upon the number of projects, project scale, and project timelines