At Zebra, we’re reinventing how businesses operate at the enterprise edge - helping them run faster, smarter, and more connected than ever before. A dynamic community of builders, doers and problem solvers, we each play an outstanding role - crafting new technologies, bringing solutions to market, and participate with Companies on the front line of business.
Joining Zebra means making your mark as we make digital transformation a reality.
It means growing into a leader at a leading company that makes a distinct difference - because together, we’ve only just begun. Build Today. Create Tomorrow. Join Zebra.
Lead software engineering resources including skill & talent development as well as leading customer project assignment. Develops Professional Services’ overall system architecture and technical practices. Ensures the integrity of the architecture/design and technical capability of the engineers. Resolves and develops approach to customer solutions in alignment with the integration of Zebra technologies/solutions.
This position is a Remote in the U.S.
• Engineering management of software resources available to professional services software projects.
• Lead activities of the team matched to delivery needs for software projects, including assist in building the skill set at a macro level.
• Helps to develop and establish operational policies within area handled and provides overall management of the development engineers.
• Frequently interact and work with key Zebra technology areas where custom application and integration software is required for the technology success.
• Resource management and assignment against customer-based software project needs.
• Internally recognized leader who exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for acquiring results
• Work on development and implementation of programs/solutions to improve processes, reduce costs and cycle time, and improve customer success.
• Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent software engineering discipline preferred.
• 8+ years engineering or software solution delivery experience.
• Quantitative and problem-solving skills
• Understanding and knowledge of Android IOS and technologies such as Java and Kotlin
• 2+ years of experience leading others
• Someone with Lean Six Sigma training
• Someone who has led a software engineering team from a startup company
• Experience with Waterfall and Agile
• Customer focused and a proven problem solver
• Strong business acumen
The position can be remote in the U.S.
No Sponsorship at this time.
Come join the herd!
Zebra is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at email@example.com.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here: https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra/compliance/eeoisthelawposter.pdf. The EEO is the Law poster supplement is available here: https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra/compliance/ginasupplement.pdf.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation
zobjobs for Work from home Jobs
If this job has expired, is not a working from home job or there is another problem please click on the icon to report it to our team.